Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it normal for the Panels to make slight noises when applied with some pressure such as opening the and closing the Mac? It sounds like the screws are not tight enough or is it normal?

Hi, My Mac is around 2 months old, and I have recently come across a slight problem. I've experienced some slight noises happening such as when I open and close the macbook it makes some sort of clicking noises as if to say the panels are loose or have not been screwed properly... It only happens when pressure is applied e.g. when I am typing I tend to rest the palms of my hand on the two plain sections of the mac (next to the track pad) and this causes some sort of pressure to push down to the connecting panel underneath, this is when the clicking sound happens.

I don't know maybe I'm just expecting too much or it might just be what I think it is, anyway if anyone has experience this issue, feel free to share your point of views or past similar experience. Thanks.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 3:15 PM

There are no replies.

Is it normal for the Panels to make slight noises when applied with some pressure such as opening the and closing the Mac? It sounds like the screws are not tight enough or is it normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.