Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Service Problem

Hey, guys!

My name is Carolina and I am from Brazil.

In January 2012 I bought my unlocked iPhone 4S on Canada's Online Apple Store and it was delivered at a friend's place, who took it to Brazil on February.

I have used my iPhone from Feb to Jan 2013 without any problem.

I moved to India last month and now I am facing a huge problem, which I have no idea how to fix.

I have got an Airtel (indian carrier) micro sim and tried it on my iPhone, but it says no service.

I have already tried to solve this problem by reseting the network settings and all settings, but none of these have worked.

Can you guys help me, please?

I brought my iPhone to India, because I paid more to buy it unlocked and it was supposed to work with all the carries from all countries, right?

Thank you so much in advance!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 11:05 PM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2013 11:17 PM in response to carolararipe

Have you tried backing it up on iTunes then erasing it to a factory-new condition prior to inserting the Airtel SIM?

First try Settings / General / Reset / Erase All Contents and Settings. Else, plug into iTunes and do a Restore from the Summary tab. Be sure you have a fresh backup of all your stuff cause there will be nothing left in the phone.

If this works, you can then use the backup to reload your stuff.

No Service Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.