This should help you get iTunes to look more like it did
ALT shows the menu bar temporarily
CTRL+B show/hide menu bar
CTRL+S show/hide side bar
CTRL+/ show/hide status bar
To make search more like it was, click on magnifying glass in search bar and uncheck "search entire library"
If that's not good enough:
iTunes 10,7 download
You have to uninstall iTunes first, then you will need to recover the backup library from the previous iTunes libraries folder, see
You can restore much of the look & feel of the previous version with these shortcuts:
- Ctrl+B to turn on the menu bar
- Ctrl+S to turn on the sidebar (your device should be listed here as before)
- Ctrl+/ to turn on the status bar
- Click the magnifying glass top right and untick Search Entire Library to restore the old search behaviour
- Use View > Hide <Media Kind> in the cloud or Edit > Preferences > Store and untick Show iTunes in the cloud purchases to hide the cloud items. The second method eliminates the cloud status column (and may let iTunes start up more quickly)
Should you still feel the need to roll back to iTunes 10.7 first download a copy of the 32 bit installer or 64 bit installer as appropriate, uninstall iTunes and suppporting software, i.e. Apple Application Support & Apple Mobile Device Support. Reboot. Restore the pre-upgrade version of your library database as per the diagram below, then install iTunes 10.7.
See iTunes Folder Watch for a tool to scan the media folder and catch up with any changes made since the backup file was created.