Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6.1 Mail.app IMAP folders not saved

Hi,

I am using a Google Mail IMAP account across several devices, including an old Thunderbird installation which requires to use IMAP/Trash as Trash folder. On my iOS devices I go the settings/advanced panel and select that folder as "Papierkorb" (yes, it's German 😉), save. All looks well, but when you open the account in Mail.app, the "Papierkorb" is still empty, "Trash" is still visible and contains all deleted mails from Thunderbird.

When I return to Settings.app and check, the settings have reverted to use "Papierkorb" as "Papierkorb", IMAP/Trash has disappeared. I can reselect it, save, exit settings, return to settings and "Trash" is still selected. Once I open Mail.app, open the "Papierkorb" and return to settings, it has again reverted to the default setting.

Can anybody confirm this behaviour and is it a bug as it seems?

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 5:51 AM

There are no replies.

iOS 6.1 Mail.app IMAP folders not saved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.