Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question on Pages templates

I've started building a newsletter with one template. I like the first page, which I've finished, but I don't like any of the others in the template. Is it possible to use a page from another of the templates in Pages and add it on? Or will that create a trainwreck? It's just a two-page newsletter.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 9:53 AM

No problem.

Menu > View > Page Thumbnails > copy and paste the Thumbnail from one document to the Thumbnails in the other

Peter

4 replies

Feb 8, 2013 11:24 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

Peter, thanks. One more dumb question. I'm using the Financial Newsletter template as my first page. At the very bottom of the page there is a text box. When I change the text, it shows up on the second page of my newsletter (even though I've used a different template) and vice-versa. Is there something I can do to make each text separate?

Feb 8, 2013 12:09 PM in response to infoguy

Guy,

What you thought was a text box was most likely the Footer field. One easy way to do what you want is to actually use a Text Box. (Insert > Text Box)

Or, you could go to the Layout Inspector, Section tab, and turn off Use Previous Headers and Footers while viewing the second page.

You might have to delete the second page's Footer manually if you choose this route.

Jerry

Question on Pages templates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.