Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get the message "Your calendar service, which keeps track of your reminders, doesn’t allow location-based reminders." from Siri when I ask for a reminder when I leave work. What do I need to do to rectify this?

When I ask Siri to remind me to call home when I leave work, I get the following message: "Your calendar service, which keeps track of your reminders, doesn’t allow location-based reminders." What do I need to do to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 8:13 AM

9 replies

Apr 22, 2013 5:26 PM in response to jamesbaum

SOLUTION

I followed the advice on the link below and it worked.

The only additional thing I did was switch off the reminders in all of the other email accounts on my phone where they were activated. I then tried the location based reminders and they worked. I then switched the reminders back on again and the LBR *still* worked!

http://www.40tech.com/2013/01/26/location-geofence-reminders-not-working-in-ios- 6-disable-exchange-reminder-sync/

Good luck, hope this helps.

Aug 17, 2015 11:35 AM in response to jamesbaum

If you have multiple "Mail, Contacts, and Calendars" accounts set up, it's likely that one (or more) of them does not support location-based reminders. Personally, I had "Reminders" enabled for an Exchange account at work. Exchange does not support location-based reminders. When I disabled that and verified that "Reminders" was enabled for my iCloud account, all worked properly.

I get the message "Your calendar service, which keeps track of your reminders, doesn’t allow location-based reminders." from Siri when I ask for a reminder when I leave work. What do I need to do to rectify this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.