Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Flash player won't download

I am trying to install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (11.5.502.149), but in the installer window the software will not download (the progress bar gets stuck at 7%).

User uploaded file

I've left it for a long time, downloaded and tried to install the software numerous times, and been through all the troubleshooting steps on the adobe website.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 9:30 AM

robhaynes wrote:

I am trying to install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (11.5.502.149), but in the installer window the software will not download (the progress bar gets stuck at 7%)....

I have run into that periodically and the only solution has been to wait a bit and then try again. When an update is first released, I imagine Adobe's servers are swamped. I noticed that update early this morning and installed it with no trouble, but I guess everyone else has noticed it now, too.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2013 9:30 AM in response to robhaynes

robhaynes wrote:

I am trying to install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (11.5.502.149), but in the installer window the software will not download (the progress bar gets stuck at 7%)....

I have run into that periodically and the only solution has been to wait a bit and then try again. When an update is first released, I imagine Adobe's servers are swamped. I noticed that update early this morning and installed it with no trouble, but I guess everyone else has noticed it now, too.

Feb 8, 2013 8:53 PM in response to robhaynes

I am having a similar problem. Been trying to install Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.149 all day...keeps telling me to "Quit Safari" even when Safari is not open! Any ideas when or if this will be fixed or a work-around?

Can't view certain videos now on Facebook as it needs this new Flash player for security reasons...yep, Facebook stated "security resaons!"

Thanks in advance for any advice...everybody have a great weekend! ~William :-)

User uploaded file

Feb 9, 2013 7:15 AM in response to Circle®Brands

Circle®Brands wrote:

I am having a similar problem. Been trying to install Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.149 all day...keeps telling me to "Quit Safari" even when Safari is not open! Any ideas when or if this will be fixed or a work-around?...

Two things to try. First, if you have a browser other than Safari, (e.g., Firefox) reboot and try using that instead, and getting the Flash installer directly from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. Second, in System Preferences, there's a Flash Player preference under "Other." Click on the Advanced tab and then "Check Now" in the Updates section. If you're not up to date, you should be offered the opportunity to install the update. But be aware that that update plugs some major security holes and everyone else wants the update too.

Feb 9, 2013 9:35 AM in response to Circle®Brands

Circle®Brands wrote:

Wow! Radical thought but interesting! Makes sense too and I would never have thought to try that. When I get a chance I will try FatMac's first then if that doesn't work I will try your idea, Leroy...thanks for all the great ideas gang...you all ROCK! :-)

If you click on the "get.adobe.com/flashplayer" link, a .dmg file is what you'll be able to download.

New Flash player won't download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.