Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

had trouble with my mail not loading. While that is fixed the mail icon is no longer on my desktop. I miss it!

I had trouble with my mail not loading and while that is now fixed my mail icon has gone from my desktop. I have just started

using an imac and i have no clue on some of this stuff!

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 9:14 AM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2013 9:17 AM in response to kbw8396

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

You are referring to the Dock > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2474

From what you say, I understand that Mail has disappeared from the Dock. To recover it, open Finder (the icon at the left side of the Dock), select Applications on the sidebar and drag Mail icon to the Dock, so it will stay there. Finally, open it.

If you don't find Mail on Applications folder, press Command and R keys while your Mac is starting, and reinstall OS X

had trouble with my mail not loading. While that is fixed the mail icon is no longer on my desktop. I miss it!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.