Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safar quits unexpectadly then new version safari lion version wont work with mac osx10.7.5 need mac osx10.8

HD replaced - restored via time machine - all ok except sfari wont run - et error - "safari quit unexpectadly"

used chromw browser to downloand safari 10.6lion - installed - now error message - wont run on osx 10.7.5 ned 10.8.

is ther a version that i can download and install that WILL run on 10.7.5 - dont want to change any other variable till i know all is runned porperly.

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.53 GHz), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 11:44 AM

4 replies

Feb 8, 2013 1:27 PM in response to Marcphone

Back up all data.

Boot into Recovery by holding down the key combination command-R at the startup chime. Release the keys when you see a gray screen with a spinning dial.

Note: You need an always-on Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection to the Internet to use Recovery. It won’t work with USB or PPPoE modems, or with proxy servers, or with networks that require a certificate for authentication.

When the OS X Utilities screen appears, follow the prompts to reinstall the OS. You don't need to erase the boot volume, and you won't need your backup unless something goes wrong. If your Mac was upgraded from an older version of OS X, you’ll need the Apple ID and password you used to upgrade, so make a note of those before you begin.

Feb 8, 2013 3:17 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thx - will attempt this next -

As a point of referance, I also have an Imac running exact same versions of all programs macbook was running - is there a simple way to copy or duplicate that safari application file as a DMG or something similar that can be put on a usb or pulled thru my network and then installed onto macbook to overwrit the bad version?

safar quits unexpectadly then new version safari lion version wont work with mac osx10.7.5 need mac osx10.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.