Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of Dashboard/Client so I can install Adobe Flash11

I cannot install adobe flash because I get the message to close Dashboard/client and I can't. I went to Dashboard and tried to close everything but one won't close and I continue getting the error notice. I don't ever use dashboard and would like to get rid of it but doin't know how. Please advise.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6), iMac Intel

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 11:54 AM

Don't do that. First, try restarting your Mac and try to install Adobe Flash again, so it should be installed without any problem

12 replies

Feb 8, 2013 12:27 PM in response to mende1

All is well! The problem was that when I looked at Dashboard all the widgets were closed but I still got the error notice and Adobe wouldn't download. I took all the dashboard preferences out and restarted. Then I looked at dashboard and there were some widgets opened which I closed. Tried to download again and it worked. I have no idea what happened or why the prefs changed things but I think maybe it was the restarting that did it. Anyway, thanks to all of you....once again, you saved my life. I would have to dump this computer if this discussion board were not here; you keep us all up and running.

Feb 8, 2013 12:57 PM in response to mende1

I have a new problem I just posted! My icon for back up disk for time machine is gone. When I open TM and 'select disll' ot says to "select a time capsule that is not listed here? " I don't even know where to start. Can you help with this.....I just posted it in Mac Software but you probably can help. What a day this has been with my computer!

Apr 15, 2013 9:38 AM in response to Janice Fisher

I just "solved" the same problem: flash refused to install because DashBoardClient was still running.

I used Activity Monitor. there were 3 processes with
Dashboard

as part of their name.

Directly deleting DashBoard did no good, it restarts automatically. I checked for the parent process which is Dock. Use the Inspect button.

Killing Dock results in dock being restarted but not DashBoardclient .

Flash Installed the rest of the way with no complaint.

Checking back with Activity Monitor shows Dock running and no process with name DashBoard running anymore.

How do I get rid of Dashboard/Client so I can install Adobe Flash11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.