Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change default alert in macbook calendar

How do I change the default alert in Macbook calendar?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 11:54 AM

In the Calendar menu, select Preferences.

In the Preferences dialog, selet the Alerts tab.

You can then (optionally) select which calendar Account you want to change the settings for (i.e., iCloud, or Gmail, etc.). Choose the default Events time, and separately, when to be identified for upcoming All Day Events.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2013 11:54 AM in response to medicinemanKE

In the Calendar menu, select Preferences.

In the Preferences dialog, selet the Alerts tab.

You can then (optionally) select which calendar Account you want to change the settings for (i.e., iCloud, or Gmail, etc.). Choose the default Events time, and separately, when to be identified for upcoming All Day Events.

Nov 18, 2014 2:40 PM in response to medicinemanKE

I found the help item you mentioned re setting the alert defaults, but it has not helped. Every event that I enter in Calendar still has two "10 minutes before" alerts set.

Just FYI, when I manually set them to "none" (either or both), they do not change. The calendar event still has two "10 minutes before" alerts set.

My goal is to have the default alert setting "none" (for most of my calendar events), and to manually set those exception events where I do want an alert.

Suggestions very welcome!

Change default alert in macbook calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.