Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message: unable to join network.

My iPod detects my home network, but can't join it. I get the error message in the heading. I have tried the method" forget this network", but the only difference is that first I am prompted for my password, and then I get the error message "unable to join".

iPod touch, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 12:43 PM

6 replies

Feb 15, 2013 2:14 PM in response to 1015195

I tried the trick with Airplane mode, and made sure I'd done everything in the articles cited by Ingo2711. Thanks to both of you.

The problem seems to be with the Time Capsule, which is my wireless router. The firmware is up to date, but the unit is 5 years old, and I suspect it's failing. All wireless devices on the network get sporadic connectivity—it comes and go with no adjustments to the router or modem.

Thanks again

Apr 1, 2013 9:44 PM in response to Will Siegfried

I had the problem and here is what worked for me:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Then I was able to go back, select the wireless network and type in the password.

My guess is that the problem originated when I typed in 3 wrong passwords before I got the right one. There must be something program in the system to stop hackers from typing in buchnes of password.

Error message: unable to join network.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.