Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Orange Flowery Bullets

I created an iBook and modified the template. In the template, my bullets are asterisks and show up as such. In the preview they show up as asterisks. In the book, they are odd orange flowery bullets (that don't go with the template). How did they get there and how to I get rid of them?

iBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 1:17 PM

10 replies

Feb 8, 2013 3:48 PM in response to podqueen

The problem is caused by the fact that you did not actually use an asterisk for your bullet, but the symbol for an 8 pointed star. iBooks Author is somewhat defective in that it can only display this in the old black/white form. But other apps may use the Apple Color Emoji font to display the new emoticon version. The fix is to use some other bullet.

User uploaded file

(Don't ask me why the emoticon looks the way it does).

PS If you want to keep this bullet, one thing you could try is to specifically set the font for it to Arial Unicode. In theory iBooks author should embed the font and thus not use Apple Color Emoji in the iBooks app. You could also try Zapf Dingbats.

Orange Flowery Bullets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.