Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my sleep / wake button is stuck down and requires a great deal of force to unlock / lock the my iphone 4. help?

The lock button is stuck dont and wont come back up. i can still lock the iphone 4 but it requires alot of force and i am afraid of breaking it. i have only had this phone for about 4 months and have had a case on it since day one. Someone please help!!

iPhone 4

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 1:26 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2013 1:43 PM in response to Josh M. 1996

If there is Warranty or AppleCare make Genius reservation or set up Service and take or send to Apple for resolution. If no coverage, you can use virtual Lock Button. Tap Settings App > General > Assessibility > Assistive Touch > ON > tap new white screen button > Device > Lock Screen. This can even be used to turn OFF iPhone, by holding down on it. To turn iPhone ON, connect to power, charger or USB of computer.

my sleep / wake button is stuck down and requires a great deal of force to unlock / lock the my iphone 4. help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.