Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get 4G with iPhone 5

I'm at a loss to figure this out. I live in Seattle and often travel to major cities like Los Angeles and New York. In none of these places have I ever gotten 4G service, despite the fact that Sprint services these cities. Is this some kind of setting that I'm missing ... or what? I'd sure like to be able to use all of the phone's capabilities that I paid for.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iPhone 5

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 4:00 PM

If by 4G you mean LTE make sure that in Settings > General > Cellular that you have Enable LTE set to ON.

Also check with Sprint to make sure that your phone is properly enabled for this service.

5 replies

Feb 8, 2013 4:16 PM in response to JimHdk

Thanks for the reply, Jim. I did have LTE set to ON, but have not yet checked with Sprint to see that the phone is enabled for this service, although I would have thought that being enabled would be the default.

I'm assuming I'm not getting LTE service because the 3G indicator at the top of the screen is always on.

Feb 8, 2013 6:13 PM in response to DennisG

Sprint's 4G was based originally on WiMAX, not LTE, and their LTE coverage is still pretty minimal. Since the iPhone is an LTE phone and not a WiMAX phone, you may have to wait until Sprint brings LTE to those areas. They're currently aggresively expanding, though, so no worries! Sprint's coverage map will show the difference between the two. http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTNAV=ATG:HE:Cov

Can't get 4G with iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.