Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Hardware test on mid-2010 MacBook Pro i7?

i have a mid-2010 macbook pro 15" - intel -i7 2.66, and I am wondering -- what is the best way to run Apple Hardware test? Holding D on restart does not work, option-D yields an error from apple.com/support, and I do not have a disc. Any suggestions?

thanks

John

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), issues with random restarts

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 4:30 PM

you need the disk to run the AHT on your model mac. Grey Disk 2, Applications and AHT.

7 replies

Feb 4, 2016 7:33 PM in response to jclements77

When you hold "D" while restarting, it does not pull up a screen that says that it is running the test. It is running the test in the background and then it will prompt you to login to your user and you won't see a screen about the test at all. If you go to your Apple drop-down menu in the top left and select "About This Mac". Then click on "System Report" and under the "Hardware" tab, select "Diagnostic" and it will show you the result of your "Power On Self-Test" that you performed by pressing and holding "D" on start-up.

Apple Hardware test on mid-2010 MacBook Pro i7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.