Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod classic will not sync with new itunes

iPod Classic will not sync since upgrading to the new itunes.

iPod classic, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 5:45 PM

5 replies

Jun 9, 2014 1:28 PM in response to AuntieM79

I had this problem too. I couldn not sync new purchases in my library with my ipod. Here's what worked for me: Try opening itunes and then connecting your ipod. When the name of your ipod shows in the listing on the left, click it and bring up the properties. Click the music tab and make sure that the large sync box is checked...somehow mine had become unchecked. Click apply and do a sync. There will be a warning message but it only applies if you have any music on the ipod which is not in itunes on your computer...because this music will disappear from the ipod if you do. So if you want your ipod to mirror your itunes library on your computer, just continue on through the warning. This successfully synced all my itunes library to the ipod. All sogs are on the ipod and all the playlists are there. Be aware that it did eliminate a playlist that I had created on the ipod which wasn't on my computer itunes because it is creating an exact duplicate of your computer onto the ipod. My ipod music is now exactly like the itunes music on my computer. Hope this works for you too.

ipod classic will not sync with new itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.