Bit vice I follow Your thoughts but don't think it will work.
• Yes it would be nice if one could move items around in the hierarchy tree - I can't
• re-using an old iDVD layout - would be great - but - one can easily set off the iDVD BUG
- clearing all assets might help - else - re-do from scratch the true medicine
• Play All button - No it's not there - but can in some cases be faked as followsPlay all resp one chapter at a time
Play All Button
1. There are NO - Play All - button in any version of iDVD
2. It can be faked in several ways
• Easiest and most fault proof way is to make a doublet movie containing All and with
Chapters set to match. It will take up x2 space but is easy to understand and produce.
Cons: Tried this in iMovie’11 by Exporting out each part as a full Quality QT.mov then Importing back into new events and putting these into a new project (Play All project). Resulting DVD had Audio that was OK (as parts) - BUT the picture was very bad and standing photo were cut of in height. So the Play All movie has to be created from same material and exactly in the same way as the individual parts + then Chapters has to be set to match.
• It's said that one can put all movies into a Photo/SlideShow and this will also
give the function of a Play All button - Tested - and ONE HAS TO un-cheque - Scale pictures to TV-Safe area else it will be a black frame all around and a small picture !
You might be able to get close to what you want by using a slideshow in iDVD. (It's not widely known, but you can put videos in a slideshow.) If you set the slide duration to manual, playback will pause after each movie/slide, and you can continue with the 'next' button.
3. Using another program to do this e.g.. Roxio Toast™ where there is a Play All button option.
a. Making a Play All movie with same care as the individual Part movies - gives a very Good Result
b. Using Roxio Toast™ - also an usable way to go
Yours Bengt W
Right, looking at all the other themes, I get the sinking feeling that I can't create the layout I want, even if I do start again.
I can't have 3 menus, pointing to 3 different "pages" that contain all my videos.
I must have this All -> page1 -> page2 -> page3 design.
I have to decide now whether the recipient is going to be able to cope with having to navigate and click every one of my 16 videos, most of which are less than 2 minutes. I don't think this is going to work out.
Thanks for the PlayAll suggestion. That might be the only way. Or concatenate all the videos myself and make one big video (I don't think I want to do this)
1 - go to the second menu and select and copy the Videos 1-6 link.
2 - return to the main menu and paste the link.
3 - test the link.
4 - repeat steps 1-3 for the Videos 7-13 and Videos 14 - 16 links.
Once you've assured all the links work and the videos play OK delete the All Videos link on the main page. Then test them all again.
Of course do all of this on a copy of your iDVD project file.