Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't have a software update option and my IPod is not wanting to connect to a secure device. I have it hooked to my wifi in the house and currently to the computer.

My IPod (model and type below) will not use the WiFi connection that I have looged on to it continues to tell me that it can't use anything without a secure connection. Also it will not allow me to update to see if maybe that is the issue. I do not even have an option to click update,.

Thank you for your help.

iPod touch, iOS 4.2, model: MB528LL

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 11:02 PM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2013 3:36 AM in response to Devin1125

Your model MB528LL ipod is a 2G and can only go as high as iOS 4.2.1. many apps now require 4.3 or later.

You said "will not use the WiFi connection that I have looged on to it continues to tell me that it can't use anything without a secure connection."

Just what are you doing when you get that message and what is the exact wording of the error message?

I don't have a software update option and my IPod is not wanting to connect to a secure device. I have it hooked to my wifi in the house and currently to the computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.