Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using a family members iPad with my apple ID to watch a tv show I have purchased on my brothers device - get 90 day download warning - why?

I live in Texas and am visiting my family in Georgia. I didn't travel with my iPad as there are 4 at home I can use. I sign my brothers Apple ID out in the iTunes Store sign in as myself and attempt to watch a tv show I have purchased and get the for 90 days you can't download anything form iTunes to this device with a different apple ID warning. Why can't I just stream this tv show on my brothers device since I have purchased it on my device and am logged into iTunes on my brothers device with my apple ID? What a pain in the as?.

iPad, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 3:33 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2013 4:51 AM in response to Bmacoms1

First of all would not be streaming the show on his iPad, you would be downloading a purchased item on his iPad for free. And it is something that was not purchased with his ID. It was purchased with your ID. I believe that Apple does that to prevent users from giving each other purchased content without buying it on their own. That's my take anyway.

You can read about associating a device with another iTunes account here.

iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID.

Using a family members iPad with my apple ID to watch a tv show I have purchased on my brothers device - get 90 day download warning - why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.