Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quick time cant play video

i have a macpro v10.7.5 and quicktime v. 10.1.

when i tried playing my .mov files .. all i see is a black screen. what is wrong ?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 5:13 AM

10 replies

Mar 16, 2013 10:40 AM in response to lizkoh

i am not sure what codec is but these .mov files are videos created from my iphone. if anything, these videos should be compatiable to QT ?

MOV is the generic QT file container. It may contain data compressed by any codec supported by the originator's QT codec component configuration. This does not guarantee that you have all of the originator's codec components installed on your system.

User uploaded file

Mar 16, 2013 10:46 AM in response to Dan Nafe

I am having the same problem, MacBook goes to dim, black screen when playing video recordings from my iPhone4S.

If you mean the entire screen dims and then the display goes to sleep, then go to the System Preferences window and change "Display sleep" delay setting in your "Energy Saver" menu. If you mean the files will not play at all in the QT player app, the you may have a security update problem which prevents a file that should play from playing on certain systems.

User uploaded file

quick time cant play video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.