Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

For Safari, on web pages, including this one, the use of ‘ (apostrophe) causes erratic behavior in text boxes. A contraction such as “I’v |e “ has caused the cursor to backspace, displacing the e when the space bar is hit, or causes a juAsk your question.

For Safari, on web pages, the use of ‘ (apostrophe) causes erratic behavior in text boxes. A contraction such as “I’v |e “ has caused the cursor to backspace, displacing the e when the space bar is hit, or causes a jump out of the text box and a return to the top a a page when used for the first time right at the beginning of text.

Other browsers do not have this problem. When will Apple fix this problem?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 8:42 AM

From the menu bar, select

Edit Substitutions

and uncheck Text Replacement.

1 reply

For Safari, on web pages, including this one, the use of ‘ (apostrophe) causes erratic behavior in text boxes. A contraction such as “I’v |e “ has caused the cursor to backspace, displacing the e when the space bar is hit, or causes a juAsk your question.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.