Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

idvd music stutters

AFTER COMPLETING A SLIDE SHOW AND ADDING MUSIC IT PLAYS OKAY ON THE IMAC, WHEN I BURN IT TO DVD AND PLAY ON DVD PLAYER THE MUSIC STUTTERS AND STOPS.

HELP REALY NEEDED NOW, TRIED ALL SORTS, SLOW WRITE SPEED, IMAGE FIRST THEN BURN??????????????

iDVD '08, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 6:54 AM

11 replies

Feb 9, 2013 7:20 AM in response to flyingstevea

Hi

Please do not use Capital Letters if You not intend to YELL

As this is in most cases is seen as rude and You lose lot's of great peoples help.

A. We are not - Apple !

B. We are users as You trying to help other users

(on our free time and private Internet accounts

- In reality we are paying for trying to be of help for others)

C. The most Important thing - To be able to help we need lot's of more information - What You supplied is that Your project works OK in Your Mac and Bad on Your DVD. This can be a zillion reasons to be like this

and very close to another Question that was like - Something is wrong - What's it ?

Please supply info like

- Material used to build the project - Video codecs, photo file formats and Audio file formats ! Important

- Version of programs and OS used

- Free Space on Start-Up (boot) hard disk - Important

- Brand of DVD used

- Type of DVD used

Did You do a "Save as a DiskImage" first and tested this ? ( I do always ! )

- How did this play ?

Any other information that might set us up on track to pin point the problem maker ?

Yours Bengt W

Feb 9, 2013 11:03 AM in response to Klaus1

YES

I only use

• Verbatim DVD

• Single Layer SL

• DVD-R

NEVER ever - DVD+/-RW - as they usually not work for Video !

DVD+R - is more modern - BUT doesn't play well on older DVD-player !

I secure a minimum of 25GB - (23.5 should work)

I Always - Set down burn speed to x2 (or x4) NEVER faster than that - Better IS NOT Better - avoid this !

If the .img play OK - then use Disk Util tool and burn the DVD from this and at SLOW speed !

BTW - I never ever use .mp3 audio in my projects - all converted to .aiff 16-bit 48kHz or from Audio-CD .aiff 44.1kHz - And have near to ZERO problems with my Audio material !

Yours Bengt W

Feb 9, 2013 12:30 PM in response to flyingstevea

Is it just the music that stops or the entire slideshow?

wedding slideshow with mp3 music (270 pics and 4 mp3's)

You're creating the slideshow in iDVD and adding a playlist from iTunes to it, correct?

User uploaded file

If it's the slideshow that stops be aware that a slideshow can only hold 99 slides as each slide is considered a chapter and only 99 chapters are allowed (not an iDVD spec but a video DVD one).

Apple gets around that limitation by renaming slide 100 back to 1, 199 back to 1, etc. However, most DVD players will pause at those transitions before continuning. Some players will stall out at that point.

If the music is stuttering at every transition you might try the simplist transition, Dissolve.

OT

Feb 9, 2013 4:28 PM in response to flyingstevea

There are many ways to produce slide shows using iPhoto, iMovie or iDVD and some limit the number of photos you can use (iDVD has a 99 chapter (slide) limitation).

If what you want is what I want, namely to be able to use high resolution photos (even 300 dpi tiff files), to pan and zoom individual photos, use a variety of transitions, to add and edit music or commentary, place text exactly where you want it, and to end up with a DVD that looks good on both your Mac and a TV - in other words end up with and end result that does not look like an old fashioned slide show from a projector - you may be interested in how I do it. You don't have to do it my way, but the following may be food for thought!

Firstly you need proper software to assemble the photos, decide on the duration of each, the transitions you want to use, and how to pan and zoom individual photos where required, and add proper titles. For this I use Photo to Movie. You can read about what it can do on their website:

http://www.lqgraphics.com/software/phototomovie.php

(Other users here use the alternative FotoMagico: http://www.boinx.com/fotomagico/homevspro/ which you may prefer - I have no experience with it.)

Neither of these are freeware, but are worth the investment if you are going to do a lot of slide shows. Read about them in detail, then decide which one you feel is best suited to your needs.

Once you have timed and arranged and manipulated the photos to your liking in Photo to Movie, it exports the file to iMovie as a DV stream. You can add music in Photo to Movie, but I prefer doing this in iMovie where it is easier to edit. You can now further edit the slide show in iMovie just as you would a movie, including adding other video clips, then send it to iDVD 7, or Toast, for burning.

You will be pleasantly surprised at how professional the results can be!

To simply create a slide show in iDVD 7 onwards from images in iPhoto or stored in other places on your hard disk or a connected server, look here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1089

Feb 9, 2013 6:56 PM in response to flyingstevea

Either split into multiple slideshows or create it all in iPhoto or iMovie and then add a single QT movie file to iDVD for your slideshow. My only reservatiuon of that method is that if one wants to navigate slide to slide, either forward or backwark, one can't use the forward or back buttons on the DVD player remote. One has to use fast forward or fast back. A slight inconvenience depending on the ultimate use of the slideshow.

Or use one of the 3rd party slideshow applications that Klaus1 mentioned.

idvd music stutters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.