Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sort by Plays

I like to sort my music playlists by the number of plays. That way I hear the newest material almost everyday until it catches up, then I get a wide variety of music after that. Lately, iTunes has been dropping the plays on some of my music and resetting it to zero. Those 5-6 pieces no sooner caught up when a couple of them (out of the same group) reset again. I can't seem to find a way to manually reset the number of plays. Any thoughts out there?

iMac

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 8:38 AM

First of all, turn off the Cloud features in iTunes 11. That is what's causing your play counts to reset to zero. To do that: iTunes > Preferences > Store and turn off the option to Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases.

For the tracks that have been affected, Doug Adams has written a script that you can use to set play counts for tracks to whatever number you want. Just do a Google search for "doug's applescripts new play count", and you should find it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2013 8:38 AM in response to Tommythinman

First of all, turn off the Cloud features in iTunes 11. That is what's causing your play counts to reset to zero. To do that: iTunes > Preferences > Store and turn off the option to Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases.

For the tracks that have been affected, Doug Adams has written a script that you can use to set play counts for tracks to whatever number you want. Just do a Google search for "doug's applescripts new play count", and you should find it.

Sort by Plays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.