Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

saving file paths (like a bookmark gets saved?)

i seem to be doing a lot of restoring of data (for instance i had to restore my notes recently) and i am realizing that it would be uber helpful to be able to save file paths. right now i highlight the folder that i need, then i hightlight the one above it and then again the one above that until i get to the library level where i will see it easily.

is there some utility of function that would let me save all my important file paths instead of having to do this/

TIA

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), with 64 bit Win7 Boot Camp | iCloud

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 1:13 AM

drag the folder you want to start at to the sidebar.

5 replies

Feb 12, 2013 11:37 AM in response to hotwheels22

You would want to create aliases for your file paths. right click the folder choose create alias, then drag all the aliases into a new folder you titled Paths. drag the paths folder into your sidebar.

Another option is to keep your file paths in notes or whatever text editor you choose.

then copy and paste them into the "go" field

when in finder hit shift+cmd+G and the GO menu should pop up.

paste the file path from your notes into that field and you're there instantly.

Feb 12, 2013 1:08 PM in response to TheSmokeMonster

hey man. thanks.

i would love to solve this.

so i would use the right click create alias which i guess will drop it in the same folder then i drag and drop to the folder in the sidebar.

and then just because i am feeling really dumb today - do i open this "file paths" folder in sidebar and then /click/ on this alias and it will bring me to the folder i guess?

THANKS

saving file paths (like a bookmark gets saved?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.