Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible solution to iPad volume control missing

Skype app removal made random occurrence of volume control going missing STOP happening **

For several weeks I had an issue where my iPad volume control went missing seemingly at random.

One day I even watched the missing volume control slider appear and disappear dozens of times while I was not touching or otherwise interacting with my iPod.

Finally I removed my recently added Skype app since, after all, it was impossible to use when I could not count on having volume during a call.

Since deleting the Skype app and restarting the iPad (just powering down and back up, NOT resetting to default settings), I have so far NEVER again had my volume control go missing.

Perhaps it is only related to a recent Skype app update or OS update changing interaction with some other app {?}

If you try this possible fix and find it works, or found other apps that might have caused the interference with the volume control software, please reply.

Thanks!

iPad, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 10:36 AM

There are no replies.

Possible solution to iPad volume control missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.