Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not seeing Ivory 2 in Logic Pro 9.

I'm unable to see Ivory 2 pianos in Logic Pro 9—it is not in the AU menu. My controller works fine with Ivory 2 as standalone, and Logic's instruments work as well. I'm running OS X 10.7.5 and just recently installed Ivory. Thank you in advance for anyone who may help.

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 10:42 AM

10 replies

Feb 9, 2013 12:17 PM in response to CCTM

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, I made sure to boot in 32-bit mode.

I also updated Ivory from synthogy's website. I'm puzzled because during the boot up of Logic Pro after

performing the Ivory update, I did see very briefly "Ivory AU" being loaded...and still, couldn't find ivory

in the AU menu. I did not check the Audio Units manager—am away recording now but will check that when i return and let you know

of the result.

Thanks again.

Feb 10, 2013 12:02 AM in response to soundartist

Hi

Are you sure that you are looking in the right place? If Ivory shows up in AU Manager as validated, it should be there.

AU Instrument plugins show up when you click-hold on the I/O slot of an Instrument channel strip (not an Insert slot): Under AU Instruments, or AU Instruments (32 Bit if you are running in 64bit mode).

CCT

Feb 10, 2013 8:27 AM in response to CCTM

Thank you very much—you were exactly right, I was looking in the wrong place. I was searching for it in the "inserts" section since it has "audio units" listed there and didn't think to go into the I/O menu—Ivory was clearly listed there.

Many thanks for your help here.

Now, I only have one slight problem: I've opened the Ivory plug-in from within Logic Pro, but cannot hear Ivory at all. This is a question I may have to address with Synthogy, but in case you may have a hint, would appreciate it.

Feb 10, 2013 2:19 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

Hello,

Yes, I was sure to create a Software Instrument track and assigned the Ivory AU plugin for that track. I didn't have that latest version you mentioned. Just went to Synthogy's website and downloaded the v2.11 version, installed it succesfully, restarted computer, and still no sound. I tried using Ivory in standalone version, and there was no sound here either—the menu of the different pianos also disappeared. This was especially strange because just yesterday and earlier today, even when I couldn't find Ivory within Logic, it worked perfectly in standalone version. Attached is a snapshot of the window I get in Ivory when I tried selecting a piano from its "Piano Keyset menu: User uploaded file

To briefly explain, I'm a concert-pianist and composer. I use the computer mostly for work with Finale software and only recently have started using Logic and Ivory. My hunch, therefore, is that there's something I'm not doing right which is causing these problems since I'm not yet fully versed with those two software. If only to find out what.

Feb 11, 2013 10:50 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

I read the help article you posted but did not understand one step in it. It says : To update, click once on the alias, press Cmd-I for Get Info, click the Select New Original button, and select the Ivory Items folder at the new location.

I don't where this "Select New Original button" is, have never seen this and couldn't find. Any suggestions? Also, my Ivory Items folder containing the piano-samples is in my external disk. The application itself is in my computer's harddrive.

Not seeing Ivory 2 in Logic Pro 9.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.