Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery removed from ipod touch, will not complete recovery

the battery died a long time ago on my ipod touch 32gb, think it is 1st or 2nd gen, when i plug the ipod in it still lights up and works but asks me to plug it into itunes, when i do that itunes says i need to restore it but when i start the restore process the apple logo reappears on the ipod then it dies and i get an error message from itunes, usually unknown error 1604 or 1603, sometimes 1611. all i want to do is leave my ipod plugged into a dock to play music without the ipod having a battery will this work, surely there must be a way if it's still showing the screen when plugged in

iPod touch

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 11:26 AM

See this article. You can search Google for the other errors. They are probably related to this one.

3 replies

Feb 9, 2013 11:59 AM in response to Kappy

hi thanks for your reply, i tried all of the things on this page already and still no luck, itunes goes into preparing ipod for recovery, the screen on the ipod switches from telling me to connect to itunes, to the apple logo for about 10-20 seconds then the screen on the touch dies and the update either fails or just sticks on preparing bar

really quite annoying this

battery removed from ipod touch, will not complete recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.