Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I hear a guitar while in track view?

Why is it that when I switch to tracks view in GarageBand for iOS I can't hear my guitar when I want to record it?

Is there a way to monitor the guitar in track view , so I can see the other tracks while I record? I'm using the amp in GB and apogee jam. I can hear fine in the

Amp view, but I can only see the level moving in track view; I can't hear any signal. This seems like a glitch , but maybe it's just a limitation of the software

What do I expect for five bucks right?

GarageBand (iPad), iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 3:53 PM

Unfortunately, GarageBand for iPad can only record in Instrument View and not in Tracks View. If you start recording in Tracks View, it automatically switches to Instrument View.

Regarding the Monitoring. You should have a Monitor switch in the Input Settings window (the onw with the plug icon). The Monitor switch is only visible if there is an external input connected to the iPad.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2013 3:53 PM in response to Kosmoabcd

Unfortunately, GarageBand for iPad can only record in Instrument View and not in Tracks View. If you start recording in Tracks View, it automatically switches to Instrument View.

Regarding the Monitoring. You should have a Monitor switch in the Input Settings window (the onw with the plug icon). The Monitor switch is only visible if there is an external input connected to the iPad.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

May 13, 2016 9:07 AM in response to EdgarRothermich

Are there any plans to change this? Being forced to view the Instrument View, which in this case is the "Amplifier Head", is pretty useless. I would like to record in Track View so that I can keep track of where I am in the song. I know that GarageBand on Mac does allow recording in Track View. Can you please make this change for GarageBand on the iPad?

Thank you,

Eddy Abbott

Why can't I hear a guitar while in track view?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.