Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Unable to verify email' problem.

I am getting the 'Unable to verify email because it is already in use' error on my daughter's iPod trying to fix her iMessage. I have gone through the steps to figure out where her email is associated, but it's not working. If I use the 'forgot my password' and choose "Email authentication" I don't recieve any emails to her address. If I choose to answer questions, I can't get past the birthday question. We never intentionally set her up with an appleID, but she may have done it without realizing. Is there a way to find out which AppleID her email is associated with?

Separately, on my son's iPod, I went to check his iMessage settings, to help me figure out my daughters. I sign in my appleID (We all share one apple ID and use separate email adresses for iMessage/Facetime... at least that's what used to work) and select his email, and then it just ends up in a loop asking me to sign in and then which email to use. Any clues on that would be great, too.

Thanks!

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1, one appleID, multiple emails

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 12:05 PM

There are no replies.

'Unable to verify email' problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.