Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VIBER Crashing on iPhone 5

I have used VIBER on my previous i4 and than on my i4s with success.

I have had my i5 now for 2-3 months and succesfully loaded and used VIBER again.

Today I have been trying to use VIBER and the App is crashing. I noticed problems of other kinds since I downloaded the latest iPhone iO6 Software 6.1

The program will open and let me see everything. Than the App crashes and I have to restart the VIBER App with getting the same results.

I deleted and re-installed the APP with the result that while setting up the App the program crashes.

Please help?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 11:44 AM

17 replies

Feb 11, 2013 5:57 PM in response to Dutch80210

I followed the exact steps you outline here, which I already had done before but you never know, and it did not resolve the problem.

The iPhone 5 VIBER App still "crashes" after 10 seconds.

I ran into someone else I know with an iPhone 5 through Verison Wireless and he told me that his VIBER App started "crashing" today.

He showed me his phone and his phone does the same as mine.

VIBER "Crashes" after 10 Seconds!!!

Neither one of us can use the VIBER App as of yesterday.

What to do?

Feb 14, 2013 4:10 AM in response to Dutch80210

@Dutch80210 -

Thank you for the details of the problem.

As we suggested, if you submitted the ticket in the link we provided above, our Support Team will thoroughly look into your problem, and contact you for more information if needed.

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience, and we recommend that you stay tuned or news and updates of the app (hopefully newer versions will resolve the problem for you).

Feb 14, 2013 3:18 PM in response to Dutch80210

My VIBER is working again today. I simply turned the App on and immediatly my contact list downloaded itself and the APP is stable and not turning off.

Thank you VIBER team.

Can you please explain what you did or had to do? For future reference.

Due to my many contacts around the world it seems that I cannot live without the VIBER program. I found that out when the App was not working for 5 days.

Feb 16, 2013 11:34 AM in response to theViberTeam

My Viber has been working fine ever since I installed it since iphone 4 and now iphone 5. However, 2 days ago, it started to crash. At first I can still see a notification when somebody sends a message. Until it became so useless because it crashes immediately after opening. I deleted the app and reinstalled it, but got the same result.

I contacted the Viber team on the link above but didn't get any reply.

I deleted the app again both from my iphone and from iTunes and downloaded it again and reinstalled again but no luck.

Feb 17, 2013 1:30 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I don't have iBlacklist.

However, I found the solution to my problem.

I uninstalled the last apps/tweaks I installed last one by one until I isolated the culprit. 3G Unrestrictor. I included Viber in the Unrestricted apps, which collides with its actual operation. I just deleted it from 3G Unr. and voila! Viber's up and running again! 😉

VIBER Crashing on iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.