Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to track an ipod through its serial number, or find it any other way

My ipod was stolen/lost today, i have the serial number and the find my ipod app is installed but apparently not activated. Short of going to the police is there any others way that i could possibly get it back, please make some suggestions as every little helps.

If by a massive coincidence the person who found it is reading this (it is in a black leather flip case and is engraved with "mischief managed") contact apple to report it missing.

iPod touch

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 11:45 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2013 11:48 AM in response to fgszdgdg

The SN will only help identify the iPod as yours if it is recovered.

- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up.

- You can also wipe/erase the iPod and have to iPod play a sound via iCloud.

- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPod and report to police

- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the iPod (it erases it) using it.

- Apple will do nothing

Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

- iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

Is it possible to track an ipod through its serial number, or find it any other way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.