No need to be sorry.
I read on another thread, where the person posting the thread was having the same problem you are having, that they had contacted Adobe and Adobe acknowledged there was a problem and told the person they are working to fix it. The person posting then tried downloading an earlier version, but once installed, it wouldn't work citing security concerns.
Basically, you have done all you can do and the solution seems to be grit your teeth until Adobe gets things straight.
Not exactly what you probably want to read.............
Link to the thread I read.
- Mount the Flash Player installer .dmg file
- Copy the "Install Adobe Flash Player" file to desktop or any other directory as preferred
- Open terminal and cd to desktop or the other directory
- Run the following command on terminal: sudo ./Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player.app/Contents/MacOS/Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player
- Insert the password when asked