Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after connecting multiple idevices home sharing breaks

I've discovered that after I try syncing/connecting musltiple iOS devices to my iTunes running on Windows 8 64-bit Pro, home sharing STOPS!

the icon/drop-down to select which AppleTV to stream disapears. The only way to get it back is to DELETE all the Apple/Apple Computers config files under my user profiles AppData folder. Once I delete all those files and restart iTunes, Home Sharing resumes to work until I start connecting the multiple iOS devices I own. (4 ipod touch, iphone 4 and a iphone 5)

I know my Apple TV's (I have 2) are fine as ALL my ios devices can still SEE the Apple TV's on my network.

This leads me to believe there are serious issues with the way iTunes writes whatever info to its config files. It BREAKS Home Share. It doesn't matter if I STOP HOMESharing, re-connect, reboot.. whatever.. the only fix is the DELETE ALL the Apple/Apple Computer AppData files.

Seriously Apple.. why are you ignoring this issue that's been around for months and months.. perhaps even years!!

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 12:36 PM

There are no replies.

after connecting multiple idevices home sharing breaks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.