Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still getting memory low messages ...:(

Hi Guys,

I used to get "Memory Too Low" messages when I was running Logic 9.0 on 4GB ram on my unibody macbook. Understanding that the issue pertained to low ram , I upgraded my unibody to the max 8GB and I still get the same message ...??

A few forums advise that I upgrade my logic to 9.1.7 (or later) and run it on 64bit to make full use of the 8GB Ram ; I was just wondering if that really would help...??

My projects crash because of low memory , needless to say it's overly annoying....:(

Please advise...

Cheers,

Gaggy

MacBook (13-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 3:03 PM

2 replies

Feb 10, 2013 12:14 AM in response to gaggy

Hi

Logic 9.0 is generally as buggy as *****. You should update, and you will need to if you want to run Logic in 64bit mode to access the extra RAM.

Any application running in 32bit mode can only access approx 4G of memory, Logic gets unstable when it's using in the order of 3G.

Running in 64bit mode effectively removes this restriction, but you will need to check that any 3rd party plugs you use also run in 64bit mode where possible, otherwise you will have to deal with Logic's 32bit bridge (which does have it's "quirks").

CCT

Feb 10, 2013 4:15 AM in response to gaggy

And you could delete your undo history more often. Large edits in a long undo list take up a lot of ram.

Logic's 32 bit bridge, for the most part, works fine for me. I don't like it because of its "quirks", but they are only a minor inconvenience compared to the tremendous advantage of working in 64 bit, even though half of your plugs are only 32 bit. 64 bit is particularly useful if you are using large instrument libraries, like EWQL orchestras.

Still getting memory low messages ...:(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.