Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Purchased TV shows

We are missing several TV series & individual episodes from our iTunes that we purchased via iTunes in the cloud. We still have access to some TV purchases but not to everything which we have bought.

We are unable to see the missing TV shows on any of our devices - PC, iPad, iPhone or Apple TV 2. Most of the purchases were made via either Apple TV or IPad.

This has been going on for a month and we have been in contact with iCloud support who told us to contact iTunes support. We contacted iTunes support but their response was a cut & paste from the support page - effectively suggesting to reboot the Apple TV which we already have done numerous times.

Having searched on the web, we have found that there has been other cases of this happening but I have not yet come across a satisfactory response from Apple.

Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone found a solution? Has anyone else had the same dis satisfactory response from Apple Support?

This is very frustrating as the lost content represents hundreds of dollars.

AppleTV 2

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 2:45 PM

5 replies

Feb 13, 2013 9:38 PM in response to sophanddave

Same here... I bought the first 3 seasons of The Wire... so around 36 episodes, and now... according to my iTunes account, I only have 3 total episodes.

I also tried buying an episode, one I had already purchased—using my Apple TV... and it even asked me "Are you sure you you want to purchase, because you've already bought"... sorry paraphrasing... so the system knows I own the episodes, but I can't watch them and the litle cloud doesn't show up next to the items either.

Feb 17, 2013 4:16 AM in response to skae_kost

Hi Everyone

After a month of going between iCloud & iTunes support on this - where we even were even at the point that iTunes attempted to restore our purchases but it still wasn't restoring all missing purchased episodes & those that were restored weren't appearing on all devices, we found the answer to our problem... And I bet it will solve your problem.

Go to the store via iTunes (this worked on iTunes 11)

Click on your account

Under your account, there is an option for "Hidden Purchases" - click on this

Under each media tab it tells you what purchases have been selected to be hidden

Choose the media where you have purchase missing - for us it was TV Shows

Choose the individual episode / series / item

There will be an option to unhide - click on this button for each item

We found for iPad / iPhone we could see most of why was lost. On Apple TV 2, we had to reset / restore

This actually fixed our problem - I should point out that at no point did we select for any of our purchases to be "hidden" in the cloud and I would say this is a bug in iTunes / iCloud that Apple needs to address. I also think that an option for hidden purchases makes no sense for the majority of iTunes / iClouds users.

Hope this fix works for you - Cheers.

Oct 27, 2013 11:13 AM in response to sophanddave

All my purchases have vanished for my ipad and iPhone 'purchased' folder. When I navigate to the programme via the store, it recognizes that I bought some episodes, but not all - clicking on it asks me to pay again! Oddly, on my mac computer it does recognize that I have bought them. But is is crazy! The hide / un hide things does not appear to be the solution for me since the option to unhide doe not even feature under my account options as per he above instructions or indeed apple's own.

Missing Purchased TV shows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.