Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook PRO doesn't STOP

Hi everybody, my Macbook PRO 5,1 with 10.8.2 installed doesn't go to Sleep when closing the display and have the power adapter attached.

If i remove the power adapter and close the disply the laptop goes correctly to sleep but no way of doing with power adapter attached.

Resetted PRAM and SMC, no way, same problem.

Any Tip?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 4:24 PM

8 replies

Feb 10, 2013 12:40 AM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Negative, the display becomes black but the light is not blinking. I've read that is a problem arised with Lion, sleep mode when not connected to the power and no more sleep when connected to the power adapter.

Since i don't remember which was the correct behaviour, can anyone tell me if when the laptop is connected and you put to sleep the laptopo does sleep?

Feb 10, 2013 6:55 AM in response to Benna

Another test: since i've changed my hard drive from a mechanical one to an SSD i've tried replacing back the old hard disk and with it the laptop DOES go to sleep, so i guess is something software related since with the SSD and the laptop NOT connected to the power adapter, the laptop go to sleep. The only case not working is with SSD and laptop connected to power AC.

i've no more idea on how to fix it....

Macbook PRO doesn't STOP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.