Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhoto doesn't work . all the buttons are white .

why my iPhoto doesn't work ?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 5:07 PM

5 replies

Feb 9, 2013 7:10 PM in response to ayujulma

We can't see your Mac and are not mind readers. Need detailed information on what you're experiencing.

What system and iPhoto versions are you running?

What exactly do you see in the iPhoto window when you launch it?

When did this start?

Did you run any updaters, install any apps or have a drash or freeze just prior to this happening?

OT

Feb 9, 2013 8:32 PM in response to Old Toad

Hi Old Toad , i'm sorry that i didnt give any details abt my question ,, attached above is the condition . no buttons worked 😟 never used iPhoto for anything since i purchased my iMac abt a year n a half ago . it was always only automatically opened when i plug external media that contains photos but i used to shut down iPhoto right away without doing anything with it ...

it's iPhoto '09 version 8.1.2 (424) installed in my imac , never update it since then . i didn't purchase it from App store, it's built in apps .

Feb 10, 2013 8:49 AM in response to ayujulma

In your first screenshot the phiotos you're clicking on are still on the camera and can't be shared or edited, etc. until they are imported into the library.

As for the secon screenshot you should have active menus as those photos are in an event. Control-click (right click) on one of those photos and selecdt Show File from the contextual menu.

User uploaded file

You'll be taken via the Finder to the folder inside the iPhoto Library that contains the original file.

User uploaded file

Are you taken to the original file when you do that?

My iPhoto doesn't work . all the buttons are white .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.