HT1212: iOS: Forgotten passcode or device disabled after entering wrong passcodeLearn about iOS: Forgotten passcode or device disabled after entering wrong passcode
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 9, 2013 11:32 PM (in response to Shaunteah)
As the article you linked says:
- Disconnect the USB cable from the device, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
- Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.
- While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.
- Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears, release the Home button.
- iTunes should alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, and then click Restore to restore the device."
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 12, 2013 7:26 PM (in response to Shaunteah)
I have also tried the recovery mode instructions EXACTLY as described above twice to no avail. It did nothing.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 13, 2013 6:14 AM (in response to jackfromwoodway)
Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.
If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.