Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem battery ipod touch 5

Hello, i have a problem !

when I load my ipod touch, why it is marked on the battery "unplugged" while the battery was almost not fulfilled (<50%) ?

thanks

(sorry for my english, i'm french and i speak a little !)

iPod touch, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 3:15 AM

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

- Try another cable

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector for bend or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genus Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

8 replies

Feb 10, 2013 12:00 PM in response to Kekette77

Kekette77 wrote:

So it doesn't work, my battery say always only 20% 😟

Is this an App, not the Apple indicator? If it is, ignore it. What does the Apple indicator say?

• If your battery is in the red zone, it will take a few hours to be fully charged.
  • While it is charging, the battery should look like this:

User uploaded file

If the battery does not have this lightning symbol in it, it is not being charged and you should check that the cable is okay and the USB port is okay.

Mar 28, 2013 7:07 AM in response to Kekette77

I just purchased one (IPod touch) 5th generation (pink color) last week. I have already updated to the latest OS (6.1.3 I believe). Definitely there is a battery problem. I do not have any apps on it, First time charged the device, 8h later dead!. Turned off location services, bluetooth, WIFI everything, reseted the device, charged back on, same thing, after 8h, dead. I also tried this: Charged the device completely at around 10 PM, turned it off, in the morning, I could not even turn it on, it is dead! I am not going to exchange, because how am I going to know if the one they give me would work! I am taking it back to the store!!

Problem battery ipod touch 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.