Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyword Tag Thousands of Photos

Hello:

I recently started using Aperture 3 and I have about 2,000 photos I want to apply keyword tags to. Is there an easy way to do this, or how would I do it?

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 2:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 6:20 AM

Hi -- your question is quite general. Have you read the User Manual? It's my first resource for Aperture. Here is the chapter on keywords:

Applying Keywords to Images

Your general workflow will be to group Images to which you want to apply the same keyword in a selection, and then apply the keyword. There are many ways to apply the keyword to a selection. I use either keywords assigned to Button Sets on the the Control Bar, or the Add Keyword field, which features auto-complete.

Others disagree, but I also suggest (unless you are a professional stock photographer) deleting the entire list of keywords that Aperture ships with, and creating your own, completely-customized-for-your-use, list.

If you do use the Add Keyword field, you might also use a strategy of using only capitalized keywords, but entering them as un-capitalized. Auto-complete will capitalize them -- and an un-capitalized keyword in your Keyword HUD indicates that it was mis-entered.

There are lots more hints and posts regarding keywording in the forum. A search here is likely fruitful.

--Kirby.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2013 6:20 AM in response to garrett247

Hi -- your question is quite general. Have you read the User Manual? It's my first resource for Aperture. Here is the chapter on keywords:

Applying Keywords to Images

Your general workflow will be to group Images to which you want to apply the same keyword in a selection, and then apply the keyword. There are many ways to apply the keyword to a selection. I use either keywords assigned to Button Sets on the the Control Bar, or the Add Keyword field, which features auto-complete.

Others disagree, but I also suggest (unless you are a professional stock photographer) deleting the entire list of keywords that Aperture ships with, and creating your own, completely-customized-for-your-use, list.

If you do use the Add Keyword field, you might also use a strategy of using only capitalized keywords, but entering them as un-capitalized. Auto-complete will capitalize them -- and an un-capitalized keyword in your Keyword HUD indicates that it was mis-entered.

There are lots more hints and posts regarding keywording in the forum. A search here is likely fruitful.

--Kirby.

Keyword Tag Thousands of Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.