Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nothing but the logo

Morning all, I've got an iPod touch 4th, nice and new for Xmas. It's been fine up until now with only intermittent use. I went to use it yesterday and it showed as needing charging so, I charged it :-)

I've come to it this morning and the Apple logo is displayed. The only way to turn it off is with the home button and the top one (sorry cant remember the name). It powers up again to the point of the logo showing and then just hangs there.

Any ideas anyone? Many thanks for your time :-)

iMac

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 4:01 AM

6 replies

Feb 10, 2013 5:33 AM in response to flymissy

Oh, ok got there in the end!

Pressing both buttons turned it off (or, at least, the apple logo disappeared) but then I let go of the buttons and it reappeared. So I tried it for longer and the logo did the same thing (off and on again). So, I held it for even longer and eventually the iTunes logo appeared.

I've only explained it so that if someone else asks you know to tell them to try for longer maybe ;-)

Feb 10, 2013 9:18 AM in response to flymissy

Try the remaining items of:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Nothing but the logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.