Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copying files to new SSD

How can I copy files from HDD to SSD which is already installed in Mac mini Mid 2012?

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 7:58 AM

You've installed the SSD in your mini, and the prior HD is sitting outside the mini, correct? You'll either need an external case for the 2.5" hard drive or a USB/SATA adapter cable (amazon and others carry them). If you will be using the HD as a backup drive, an external case is a good choice. I like those that OWC sells as many of them use Oxford chipsets, which work well with macs. They even have one that looks like the mini so you can stack one on the other.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2013 7:58 AM in response to DZetko

You've installed the SSD in your mini, and the prior HD is sitting outside the mini, correct? You'll either need an external case for the 2.5" hard drive or a USB/SATA adapter cable (amazon and others carry them). If you will be using the HD as a backup drive, an external case is a good choice. I like those that OWC sells as many of them use Oxford chipsets, which work well with macs. They even have one that looks like the mini so you can stack one on the other.

Copying files to new SSD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.