Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICalExternalSync

I'm losing the will to live with iCal.

For some utterly unexplainable reason (could it have been that recent Office Update?), the SyncServicesAgent and ICalExternalSync have been eating my CPU for breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper and midnight feasts. My machine slows, the fans never swith off, and everything just hangs and slows riiiiiiiight doooooown.

I haven't bought any new software or hardware, I haven't done anything I think I shouldn't, and I'm not paying Apple $19 to fix a problem of their making! I've looked around the communities and the idea of turning off synching in the Cloud, followed by a reboot, hasn't helped. I'm at a loss.

I'm a non-technical guy, which is why I fell in love with Apple 28 years ago and have been withthem ever since. But iCal is enough to make me think seriously that it's time to go to the Dark Side. It's never worked, and shipping us from the .Mac to the .Me was an utter disaster. I'm sure Apple left some critical stuff for older users on the other side of the Rubycon. Fine if you're one of the tweenies new to Apple and starting fresh accounts. Not so fine if you've been around long enough to see Steve rise, fall, and rise again.

Please can somebody with both technical prowess and communication skills get on to this nightmare? When you've sussed it, can you then, after telling me, tell Apple. They clearly need all the help they can get.

AJH

Air, And an Imac

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 7:11 AM

There are no replies.

ICalExternalSync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.