Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loose sound when I move my macbook pro retina display

I have a 13 " retina display macbook pro, when is on, something sounds when I move it from side to side, like something is loose or something... does any one know why would it be?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 8:03 AM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2014 8:12 PM in response to omar_sanchez

Hi. I was curious if you ever found out what the noise in your Macbook Pro was. I have a 13" MBP Retina that I bought in Decebmer. I picked it up today and started hearing a "rattling" or sliding sound when I rotated it side to side (gently of course!). It sounds like the keys sliding back and forth but I've never heard this before. I haven't dropped the laptop but it did fall over on it's side while in my bag. It was already on the floor so I don't think that caused anything to come loose. And, it was in a neoprene lined case inside the bag. The sound may have been there from the very beginning but I haven't heard it until today. The best way I can describe it is as a sliding sound when the MBP is tilted to the left and then back to the right. Almost like the keys were not connected or something. Seems to be typing fine as well. If you found out what the problem was, please let me know.

Thanks for the help!

JP Roberts

Loose sound when I move my macbook pro retina display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.