Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Comcast Cisco DPC3008 Modem & Time Capsule Unable to Create Working Wi Fi

I do apologize if this answer is somewhere out there in the support forums, I've read everything I can find - but have not been able to solve this issue.

Here is the set up:

Comcast installed our high-speed internet yesterday via the Cisco DPC 3008 Modem (non-wireless). Hard-wired via Ethernet cable the Internet connection is fast and works. But, we need wifi.

So, I connected the TC via the Ethernet/WAN port to the DPC3008. First two times I never got past the blinking amber light, then I powered down the modem and the TC, and upon powering back up I get the steady green light on the TC and all lights on the modem are as they should be with only the link blinking with data transfer.

We have 2 x Macbook Airs (one - OSX 10.7.5), two iPhones all running iOS 6 w/ Airport Utility installed, and an iMac for which I can't find the darn power cable (we just moved), and an Apple TV.

On my iPhone (4S), the iPad, and one Air I can "see" the TC via Airport Utility - and it shows status of green. However, while I can see the wireless signal from the TC, the wireless network shows up in the network utility - I can't actually connect to the Internet. Interestingly, when I use an ethernet cable from the TC LAN port to the Air, I still can't connect to the Internet.

I'm guessing that something is wrong with my settings, authentication - along those lines. I did a soft reset on the TC which didn't seem to resolve anything. (We do have oodles of data including the other Air's back-up on the TC, so I don't wnat to accidentally erase everything that is on there.)

On my Air the network utility says there is no IP address for the TC network, although I have an IP address/Router IP and Subnet which I can pull when looking at the TC from my iPad. My guess is that those are the TC settings and somehow not the WiFi network settings, but that's a huge guess on my part.

Any super-ninja networkers who could help would be greatly appreciated.

Time Capsule Wifi-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Time Capsule with Comcast Cisco

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 2:44 PM

A hard or factory default reset of TC may be useful when troubleshooting a problem with cable modem with the TC., because it will restore the device to its default state. Data stored on internal hard drives connected to the TC will not be erased:

1. Open AirPort Utility in Applications > Utilities
  2. Select the TC you’re setting up, and then click Manual Setup.
  3. From the Base Station menu, select Restore Default Settings…
  4. Click Continue to accept that you wish to erase the device and restore default settings.
    Files on TC disks will not be affected.
  5. Connect the modem to the TC port
  6. The TC will not be visible in the AirPort Utility for some time and the device will take 55 seconds to become available again.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2013 2:44 PM in response to texasyarngirl

A hard or factory default reset of TC may be useful when troubleshooting a problem with cable modem with the TC., because it will restore the device to its default state. Data stored on internal hard drives connected to the TC will not be erased:

1. Open AirPort Utility in Applications > Utilities
  2. Select the TC you’re setting up, and then click Manual Setup.
  3. From the Base Station menu, select Restore Default Settings…
  4. Click Continue to accept that you wish to erase the device and restore default settings.
    Files on TC disks will not be affected.
  5. Connect the modem to the TC port
  6. The TC will not be visible in the AirPort Utility for some time and the device will take 55 seconds to become available again.

Comcast Cisco DPC3008 Modem & Time Capsule Unable to Create Working Wi Fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.