Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't see an iCloud icon in my system preferences pane only mobileme. Can I install this?

I don't see an iCloud icon in my system preferences pane only "mobileme". Can I install this? or is my system software (OS X 10.6.8) incompatible with this?

iMAC, dual core intel, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 8:47 AM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2013 9:00 AM in response to SewiShannon

The minimum requirement for iCloud is Lion 10.7.2, Mountain Lion preferred. The Preference Pane does not appear on earlier systems and you cannot install it.

You would need to upgrade to Mountain Lion (available from the Mac App Store) if your Mac can handle it, or you can buy Lion by calling the number at bottom left of this page.

You can access email and may be able to access iCal syncing on Snow Leopard on an existing iCloud account (you cannot set one up) - this page lists what you can and can't do:

iCloud and Snow Leopard

I don't see an iCloud icon in my system preferences pane only mobileme. Can I install this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.