Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need to get osx 10.5 for my PPC G5

I really want leopard on my mac but i am certainly not going to illegally DL it, no way!!

But i understand that i can get this free somewhere? ⚠

on another note i have 512mb ram installed, 2x 128mb & 2x 1gb ram slots.....

it refuses to detect the 2x 1gb ram slots! installed and boots but only shows 512!!! help haha 🙂

Reagrds

Jon

Power Mac G5 (Late 2005), Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 12:30 PM

There is no place to download Leopard for free.

The only way to get it is to purchase the Leopard install DVD. Apple no longer sells them. They are now going for between $159 and $195.

What ever you do don't get the gray DVD!

They are hardware specific and if you don't have the exact hardware they were issued with they will either not install at all or they do install will cause you a lot of problems later.

Allan

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2013 12:30 PM in response to jonathon90

There is no place to download Leopard for free.

The only way to get it is to purchase the Leopard install DVD. Apple no longer sells them. They are now going for between $159 and $195.

What ever you do don't get the gray DVD!

They are hardware specific and if you don't have the exact hardware they were issued with they will either not install at all or they do install will cause you a lot of problems later.

Allan

i need to get osx 10.5 for my PPC G5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.