Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

speed and range of Airport Extreme compared to Verizon FiOS router

I imagine this question has been asked before, but thoughts about the speed and range of Airport Extreme v. the "stock" Verizon FiOS router?

I've also read concerns about needing to use the bridge setting with Airport Extreme when it's plugged into the Verizon router. I have a slightly different set up where the FiOS input cable is split into the Verizon FiOS router and a separate direct connection to a cable modem (i.e. it doesn't pass through the Verizon router). I was thinking of plugging the Airport Extreme directly into the cable modem. If I plug the Extreme into the cable modem, would that allow for full functionality of the Airport Extreme? Would I have to use the bridge setting?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 1:41 PM

I imagine this question has been asked before, but thoughts about the speed and range of Airport Extreme v. the "stock" Verizon FiOS router?

To get details on the AirPort Extreme's performance please check out this SmallNetBuilder article. They also provide performance comparisions between a number of routers here.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2013 1:41 PM in response to andrew.in.Boston

To get details on the AirPort Extreme's performance please check out this SmallNetBuilder article. They also provide performance comparisions between a number of routers here.

speed and range of Airport Extreme compared to Verizon FiOS router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.