Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar systems corrupted

I am trying to use Cloud to sync my MacBook Pro and an iMac Calendars. When I added the MacBook Pro to the sync sequence, the system went on for over an hour. I finally did a "force quit" on the request. I tried it again and got the same result. When I did look at the calendar system I found multiple calendars with the same name and many, many duplicate entries. I have looked at the 'Library' to try and identify the calendar files, but there seem to be a bunch! My question is what file(s) do I need to restore from my Time Machine backup to put the system back to a clean state (several days ago)? Better yet what can be done clean out all the duplicates?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 12:13 PM

6 replies

Feb 10, 2013 12:31 PM in response to Robert Chapman

One possible explanation for the duplicates is if you had calendars and events on the MacBook Pro and then synced to iCloud, the IMac calendars were added to the ones already on the MacBook Pro.

Log onto iCloud.com and see if you have multiple calendars there.

Quit Calendar. Try going to System Preferences/iCloud and unchecking the box to sync calendars. Then open Calendar and see if you still have duplicates. If not, and you still want to sync, then you may be better off deleting the calendars on the MacBook Pro and just allow the iCloud calendars to be your only source of calendars.

Once you have stopped the sync, check iCloud.com to see if you have duplicates.

Feb 11, 2013 12:18 PM in response to Csound1

I went to iCloud, the website, and counter 81 calendars! There are only about a dozen actuals names (Birthdays, Misc). Somehow I have created a complete mess!

If I try to turn off the syn in either achine, I get a message that says if Iturn off the Sync, I wikklose all the info on my machine. Is that correct? Can I not delete calendars from the iCloud website? Somehow!

Calendar systems corrupted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.